Sunday, May 24, 2009

Come, Follow Me...


The beautiful and magnificent fantasy and fairy artist, Jessica Galbreth!
Gosh, does she have a hand! I admire her beautiful art and work that I feel special to share the same name as her! ^_^ Here's a little quote from her:

"Come, follow me through twining vines and twisted trees...
to a secret realm rich with myth and magick. An enchanted
place awaits, filled with gossamer fairies and haunting deities.
A place where enchantresses weave their spells beneath the
light of the full moon, and faeries dressed in their finery stand
pensively before gothic arches and twisted trees. This is my
world...a world I have created and wish to share with you..."

- Mythic Fantasy Artist, Jessica Galbreth

She has excellent talent. Her colors and shapes are very smooth, very lifelike. She emotes feeling in everyone of her paintings. The colors are very complimentary or hang in the value scale. Her paintings might have natural colors, baby colors, or bright colors. It just depends on who or what she tries to portray. She gets inspiration from of Celtic goddesses or Gods. She creates seasons with the stroke of a brush. She can create every emotion with a painting. She also looks to the zodiac to bring to human form the attributes and characteristics of each zodiac symbol.

Here's mine:

This is pretty much how I found Jessica Galbreth. I stumbled upon this ornament on a website and I just had to buy it!


It now hangs from a wire on a base in my room. I just love it! I also have a matted print like the one above. My journal bares on the cover the same print, and I have a matching patch, key chain, sticker, bookmark, and a few other things that I can't think of. This painting is by far my favorite of all of her work. There are a few things that I still need to collect that have this print in some way like a travel coffee mug, a ceramic mug, a tote, an 8 inch figurine (it's bigger than the ornament, and on her website you can buy it signed!), a jewelry box, and a few other things.

Her art book (which I also have) has an art portfolio of all that she has painted or drawn up to the year 2006, which is when the book was released. Her website has a lot of her recent works, along with any hand made things she has created. I'm very grateful to have found her work, because she really does transport you to a world of myth and magick.

If you would like to learn more about Jessica Galbreth and her work then check out her website. If you ever have a hard time finding a gift for someone that is very unique or seems to have just about everything, Jessica's work or items are very beautiful, and I might just bet your friends might not have heard of her before. She really is worth a look around her website. You might want to sign up for her newsletter. She gives the scoop on what she might be working on, secret sales, and you get to be the first person to find out when things are placed on her website.

That's it for today. I'm done gushing over Jessica Galbreth, though this might not be the last time I do so ^_-

No comments:

Post a Comment