Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Love A Good Challenge


This year is starting out better than I thought. This year happens to be the year of Jane-Jane Austen that is. I could not be more happy than to embark on a challenge of great accomplishment. A sweet doll over on the great blog called The Life (and Lies) of an Inadimate Flying Object has created a personal challenge, as well as a challenge anyone can join in and take on themselves. Haley Mathiot has created a Jane Austen reading challenge where one is welcomed to read as many of Jane Austen's works as one wants. I consider myself a Jane Austen virgin and I will be delighted when I finally finish her works. I want to challenge myself to complete this challenge to the "Fanatic" level. First, though, I plan to start out on the "Newbie" level. Here's the requirements for that level:

**Newbie: 2 books by J. Austen, 2 re-writes, prequels, sequels, or spoofs (by other authors)

Here are also the requirements for "Lover" and "Fanatic":

**Lover: 4 books by J. Austen, 4 re-writes, prequels, sequels, or spoofs (by other authors)

** Fanatic: 6+ books by J. Austen, 5+ re-writes, prequels, sequels, or spoofs (by other authors)

I'm currently reading Mr. And Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy by Sharon Lathan, which is a sequal to Pride & Prejudice. I also plan to start over Sense & Sensibility, since I spread out my reading of it too far out for me to grasp the full concept of it.

I can't wait to give my full report on my progress as I go along. I'll posting the books I'm reading for the challenge on my side bar. Wish me luck! I have until the end of the year to do this!

Link to the Challenge:
http://haleymathiot.blogspot.com/2009/12/jane-austen-challenge.html

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your challenges. You will feel a sense of accomplishment as the year progresses. I am doing the Austen challenge also and as a veteran Austenite, will be glad to coach you if you need it.

    Cheers, LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading choices! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete