Tuesday, March 30, 2010

In My Mailbox

Well today I was happy to receive an excellent gift that I won from a contest thanks to the dolls over at the Behind Yellow Eyes, the ultimate Shiver fan page. I haven't read the book yet, but I was fortunate enough to enter their contest and win a signed book by Maggie Stiefvater.
I had actually purchased a copy from Amazon, but never got around to reading it. What to do with my extra copy...? Who would enjoy reading it? I've been having a hard time trying to figure this out. I have a few people in mind, but I'm starting to get the feeling that the people around me are not enjoying me talking about all the YA novels I'm reading. Let you me know if you'd had enough.

On a very similar note, I'm almost done reading The Body Finder. I'll probably finish by tonight. I might post a review. I'm not sure if I'm good at it. Maybe writing reviews gets better with practice.

Lastly, I've noticed that I've been mostly posting about books. Well I'm not done talking about them. I plan to make my next post about a craft that can be done with a book. A BIG WARNING! The craft is not for the faint of heart, or at least those who would not like to see a book destroyed. The sweet doll from Living with Lindsay put together a fun way to turn an old or unwanted book into a beautiful wreath. It's a simple and inexpensive craft that I can totally see myself making.


The instructions for the wreath can be found here. I really want to make this before I have to start school again on Monday (dread). Here's hoping it work's out. I'll be posting pictures of this project as I get along to it.

Lots of Love from me, Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment