Monday, May 17, 2010

From the Stacks!

Hey there dolls! Here's the first edition of "From the Stacks!" I finally figured out a name for posts involving books or other items that I borrow from the library. For this week's From the Stacks, I have three things to share with you.

As you may recall a few posts back, I won a book called My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent from an online contest. Well you might also recall that the book was the second in a series called the Soul Screamers. So, to read the second book I need to read the first book called My Soul to Take. I borrowed the book from the library a little while ago, and as you might notice my bookmark in the picture, I'm already reading it. So far so good. The concept is kind of cool. Love it! The third book in the series, My Soul to Keep comes out on June 1, 2010. It's odd that Amazon already has it for sale though...

You can also read the prequel novella called My Soul to Lose, which you can read for free from this link. (Note: Your going to need to install the Kindle app to your phone or computer to be able to read it)
As a treat, here's the book trailer to My Soul to Take. Enjoy!

A loooooooooong time ago, I ventured into the great beyond known as the Cal State Long Beach Library. I put on hold a film called I Have Found It. This was more than a month ago. They finally got the film in and I picked it up this past week. I was also informed that a second copy was in it's way to me. What the????

Anyways, I've been wanting to watch this film for a while now because this film is the Bollywood version of Sense & Sensibility. Too darling! I borrowed, from the same library, Bride & Prejudice which, as you can guess, is the Bollywood version of Pride & Prejudice. Loved that one a lot!!!!! Can't wait to watch this film!

Now, I hate being tricked! It's not cool! So when I go to the library, I expect to be able to pick up the book that I put on hold, especially since I was told it was ready to picked up. This was me several weeks ago. I was emailed again last week and told to pick up Burned by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast. My reaction: FINALLY! YESSS! I got the book! I've been wanting to read this book really BAD!!!!!! Can't wait to crack it open.

Well that's it for today's post. I'll keep you updated of my reading and stuff as school winds down. Expect more posts this week!

Love and Sugar from me, Sweet Lady Jess

3 comments:

  1. Woah I'm so glad you finally got those books you been wanting :3 The burned book looks good to read, I think its time I go to the library xD

    ~Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You need to start with the first book though! The first one is called Marked and it's part of the House of Night series. Think of it as another vampire series, but it's about vampire finishing school. Really kewl! Burned is the 7th book in the series! Lots of books to catch up on. Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This summer! I'm gonna invade my library >:D And least I know what to look for now xD


    ~Isabel

    ReplyDelete